When you start to stay inside your house and to watch out of the window, this is the sign it’s soup season.
It’s not a secret that I am a huge fan of almost any recipe created with sweet potato. One of the coziest and yet still easy recipe is carrots and sweet potato soup.
Ingredients you need:
- Olive oil – 1 tsp Garlic
- 2 cloves Ginger
- 1 inch Roughly chopped Onion
- ½ cup Roughly chopped Carrot
- ½ cup Roughly chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup Red chili powder
- ¼ tsp Black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp Water
- Salt to taste
- 1. In a pressure cooker add oil and let it hot on medium to high flame.
- 2. Once, oil is hot enough, add garlic cloves, onion, ginger and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Now add carrot and saute again for 2-3 minutes then add the sweet potato.
- 4. Add water and red chili powder and mix everything well.
- 5. On medium to high heat, cook for two whistles.
- 6. Let the pressure cooker cool down completely.
- 7. Now blend everything into the blender without water to a smooth puree.
- 8. Now add puree into a wok and add water to adjust consistency.
- 9. Add black pepper and salt into the soup.
- 10. Let the soup boil for 3-4 minutes and turn off the flame.
- 11. Normally this soup is of thick consistency. I have added almost 2 cups of water here. 1 cup in cooker and 1 cup while boiling the soup. Total 2 cups of water have added to this.
- 12. Garnish with black pepper and mint leaves.
If you give it a try during this soup season I would love to hear from you. Your feedback is really helpful. You can rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how yours turned out. And if you want to show off photos you can tag me @laforance on